Saturday, July 21, 2001

For a week my main concerns have been to dress warmly enough, to plan dinners for 10-13 people including a baby and four sisters with widely different tastes in food, not to mention my own two teen-agers, to manage to sleep in a bed which makes my back ache worse with every night, to choose the right spinner for the tiny trout in the little lake which we have to walk past several very cuddly cows (that's a challenge, have you tried to get past a 500 kg cow while it's insisting on being petted and talked to?) to reach and to make the appropriate sounds when I was asked how I liked the paint/food/children/wine/ideas of my wide and assorted family. This is complicated. I found myself longing for the simplicity of the research and the comfort before the computer screen more than once. But not as many as three times...

No comments: