Monday, February 04, 2002

Done teaching for a while. Not so bad. I had forgotten all about students. I had forgotten about making them laugh - somehow there's enough of the entertainer in me that I don't mind them giggling at either planned or inadvertent humour. I don't mind them asking me complicated questions - I have been thinking alone or together with people who know my field for so long I really need a refresher course in explaining things clearly. I loved telling them about my own research. After almost six hours of talking about the development of the field of media influence, I could position my own research there, at the end of the last lecture, and tell them that here, this little spot here kind of in between these three academic practices, that's me. Best thing about my job always was students. I am looking forwards to getting back to them.

No comments: