Monday, April 12, 2004

Feudalia
After my PhD and the attention in the press around the defence, my name suddenly got a lot more interesting. Another contact about using my name and title on their advisor list was from Hans Terje Bakke, founder of Running Games. They want to create a multiplayer computer game based on medieval history. Cooperating with reenacment groups such as Kongshirden 1308 (the sword-fighters at my trial-lecture were from the Bergen chapter), they want to go for the most accurate portrayal possible of a medieval society - while keeping the game fun. That is a huge challenge, and I am very happy that Bakke contacted me about this. Friday I hope to meet him face to face, and since I am so immensely curious about the game and the process of production, I am sure that will be interesting.

No comments: